Roasted chile verde sauce:
- 8 large poblano chiles, halved and seeded
- 2 serrano chiles, halved
- 10 tomatillos, skins removed and washed
- 2 large yellow onions, skins removed and quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 3-4 cups of water (as needed to thin the puree)
chilaquiles and a great salsa for chips, nachos, and tacos.
Chicken enchilada filling:
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off the bone and shredded
- 2 cups roasted chile verde sauce
- 8 ounces queso fresco (or similar young Mexican cheese), crumbled
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Chile verde chicken enchiladas:
- 24 corn tortillas
- chicken enchilada filling
- 4 cups chile verde sauce, warmed
- 8 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 8 ounces cotija (or similar aged Mexican) cheese, crumbled
Serve the enchiladas on a bed of shredded cabbage and top with fresh salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge. Ole!