Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb of cured meat, thinly sliced
- 1 fist-sized ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp honey vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 loaf Italian bread
Mix the melon, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Marinate the melon for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to pull the melon out from the marinade and set it on a decorative platter.
To make the crostini, slice the bread on a bias and place flat on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. When cooled, place into a small bowl.
On a large platter spread out the mozzarella and cured meats (I used prosciutto, salami, and capicola). Serve with the bread and melon. Layer each crostini with a slice of cheese, meat and some melon. Enjoy!