- 1 can (16 ounces) diced tomato, strained
- 1/2 - 1 serrano chile, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 slice (1/2" thick) onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro
Place the above ingredients in a food processor or blender or immersion blender and pulse 10-20 times until well incorporated with no large chunks remaining. Adjust the amount of chile according to your heat tolerance, and season with salt to taste.